Wow...
Over a month since my last post... that's a long blogging break!
Unfortunately lately I've lacked the inspiration for writing anything worth reading.
Hopefully this will improve :-)
Here are some highlights from the last month:
My birthday came and went and left me another year older... Since it was on a weekday B and I didn't make any special plans. I talked to him while on my lunch break that day, feeling a little down because up to that point in the day no one I worked with acted like they even remembered (we're not a big company, especially after layoffs, so this shouldn't really be the case), and he said he was in a string of meetings that would keep him busy all afternoon and getting home late.
Great I thought, I'll be spending my birthday waiting on him to get home from work.
My husband loves that I am gullible and fell for this... When I got home I found him washing the lawnmower (he does this after EVERY use) in the driveway beside a freshly mowed lawn. I'm talking to my mom on the phone so I wave, happy that he's home early, and walk inside to find my house spotless... no dog hair on the carpet, no dishes in the sink, a load of clothes in the dryer, and 2 gleaming bathrooms... but best of all, there is a gorgeous display of flowers waiting on my dining room table with a very sweet note from B.
He came in a few minutes later, and when I hugged and kissed him and thanked him for everything I also asked him about his "meetings." His response... "I did have meetings... I had a meeting with Scout and a meeting with Summer and with the bathrooms..."
Man do I love my husband!
On to other highlights... still employed though there have been several moments where I wouldn't have been surprised one bit to be called in for that meeting.... we're hanging in there though, and I'm very thankful.
Did have an interview for a job at a local college... thought things went well, would have been a pay cut for the pros outweighed the cons and we were ready to accept the position if offered... it wasn't... it went to the interviewer's sister in law. So there's just something else out there for me... somewhere.
Two of our friends got married and two of our other friends broke up... all on the same day at the same location. Long night full of all kinds of emotions to say the least.
And now here I sit... ready for the weekend and for payday... but mostly ready for 5pm.
If any of you are still reading this after my hiatus, thank you... I appreciate your blog-support!
5 Kegunaan Hutan Menurut Para Ahli
8 years ago

1 comment:
What a great husband!
Post a Comment