Apparently summertime keeps me busier than the cooler months. Please excuse the lack of blogging. Some of my thoughts today...
- Has anyone read The Time Traveler's Wife? I saw the movie trailer a couple days ago and wanted to read the book first since it looked interesting.
- I work for a small company 3 of the 8 main employees are all considering or already enrolled to begin going back to school next month. Great for them; not as great for company as at least 2 of them would probably resign. We are slow to replace employees who leave so the extra work load could get interesting since 2 of the people possibly leaving are manager level. Promotion maybe? hmmm
- I've thought about volunteering at the local animal shelter where we found Summer... anyone else volunteered at a shelter before? How did it go for you?
- Every weekend so far this summer has been packed with a trip, a wedding, other some other busy activity... in a couple weeks I have a free weekend, and I'm beyond excited about it.
- Scout and Summer made a recent visit to my parents while B and I were out of town. They both were very entertained with my grandparents' cats. I'm talking Scout the huge black lab was giving sweet kisses to the little 3 lb kitten while Summer chased it into trees then would sit below it grinning. Below is a picture my dad took just after the cat jumped down:
- After getting married, how many of you began receiving pressure to have kids? B and I haven't gotten too many inquiries (having 2 dogs helps!) but instead we get more of the "when you have kids you better have a girl." Call it crazy but I've thought for a few years now that I'm going to have twin boys ... but I'll be happy with whatever God blesses us with when that time arrives. Have any of you experienced pressure to have children/specific genders?

Well, I guess that's all I've got for this post. Maybe it won't be a month before I post again :-P

1 comment:
Hi, thanks for the comment -- we are SOOoo happy with Dog II! And I'm glad I'm not the only one going through a blog drought this summer! I say go for the volunteering at the shelter! (One caveat - just be aware that some of the people may be a little, ah, over-the-top about animals (ie it's the only thing they have going on), and there can be LOTS of regulations...but go for it! We did and it's fun -- the thing I was surprised about was how many different programs and ways to volunteer that they offered!) Enjoy your free weekend -- our Spring was like that, and I was never so happy to be home when we finally got to be :) Loooove the picture of Summer -- so cute! And I can just imagine the cat antics!! Ummm, yeah, children pressure...I got it at my bridal shower (file under: Not-yet-married...!)-- I posted about it here http://myveryownsitcom.blogspot.com/2009/04/family-planning.html :)
Post a Comment