Tuesday, March 17, 2009

No Pot of Gold at the End of My Rainbow Today


This is Scout.


Scout enjoys the sunshine and flirting with his girlfriend next door (golden retriever).


Today was a beautiful day so I decided to eat lunch outside.


Trying to be an A+ dog-momma I decided to let Scout play in the backyard with his gf.


It was quite the happy lunch hour for all...


Until disaster struck.


Scout and gf found some mud to play in.... no biggie I thought since this happens frequently... I'll just make sure to wipe off his paws before we go inside (like usual). Time goes by too quickly and it comes time to go inside. I'm armed with my towel for paw purification.


Offense #1: Scout decided today is a GREAT day to play keep-away from mom. Dad never has to play this game, but Scout thinks that since I'm only a few pounds bigger than he is that it's great fun. ... It's not.


Finally I get him and get him to the deck to wipe his paws. He sits calmly for a second then next thing I know...


Offense #2: I have a muddy collar in my hand and no dog.


Where did Scout go you ask? Back to his gf?? Oh of course not... that would have been too nice of him.


He instead decided to run in the house, and put his muddy paw of approval stamp over every square inch of my carpet. He did not discriminate against any corner. Every single bit of carpet in my house (minus the office and bedrooms because thankfully those doors were closed) is muddy. Who knew that dog could hoard so much mud between his toes!


I screamed.


I almost cried.


I should have taken a picture for you guys but instead began trying to remedy the problem. Did I mention I was already late on returning to work?


So Scout got a quick cold water bath to rinse off the remaining dirt (I at least got it all out of his dern paws), and happily went to his kennel. Knowing his he probably enjoyed the refreshing cold water. ugh.


I on the other hand performed my version of flight of the bumble bee with returning my tub to its natural shade of white instead of the lovely mud color it was and cleaning carpet until I (of course) ran out of carpet cleaner.


Frustrated that my beautiful sunny Tuesday lunch hour made a 180 degree turn to Mudville, I called my husband on the way back to work. I needed to vent before returning to work for my exciting research on coolers and dry ice.


And of course, as my luck would have it he did not answer.


I'm of Irish descent... where's my luck today??

1 comment:

jlc said...

AHHHHH! My husband was gonna name our dog Piper SCOUT!!! We loved that name and if we get another furbaby in the near future we shall name him Scout.


(From to Kill a Mockingbird.) :)

Cute cute pic!!