Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Weekend update on Wednesday

It's already Wednesday?! I wish every week went by this quickly. I guess traveling with work helps time go by a little quicker.

Now that I've said that it will probably start to crawl...

My weekend at home was wonderful. Seeing my parents and grandparents combined with gorgeous weather was very refreshing. Scout enjoyed playing with his dog cousins and got a LOT of fresh air. He was asleep before we pulled out of my parents driveway and woke up just before we pulled into ours.

While in hometown I went to a bridal shower for one of my good friends getting married in June. I really only planned on being there about 20 minutes or so, but an hour and 15 later I was still laughing so hard I was in tears. The hostesses were hilarious! They were probably in their late 40s/early 50s and were talking about how embarrassing their prom dates were, how one of them thought her only "sexy" feature left on her body was her feet and she recently had to get 4 stitches in one of her feet.

She said her husband took a sign up sheet to their Sunday school class for "helping with meals" while she couldn't walk. Well, that list came back without any names on it, and she responded by saying well its a good thing they are in Sunday school because it sure does seem like they need Jesus! Turns our the list was for people to sign up to take her in for a week at a time until she was better. Her husband was in the doghouse for quite some time. This summary probably doesn't do the story justice, but I'm telling you if this lady had a blog you would all be in tears from laughing so hard every post. She was very entertaining!

This coming weekend will probably be spent in and out of good ol' Lowes working on home improvement. I think we're getting a fence for Scout too! I'm probably more excited about it than he is, but I'm sure he will love it :-).

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Poor lady. Hubs definately deserved the doghouse for that one!

Emily said...

hope you get a lot done this weekend wiht your house!!