Anyone out there still shopping? If so, then please read this post!
My husband just forwarded me an email about a lady who was shopping by herself one night near where we live. She walked out of the store on her cell phone, didn't notice anyone around her car, but also didn't notice that someone watched her load her car full of shopping bags and followed her home. That night she forgot to lock her car doors when she parked in her driveway.
She had a friend come over later that night who also didn't lock her car. One of the women thought she heard a car in the yard later on that evening, but figured it was just a car going down the street.
The next morning both women went outside to find that all the Christmas presents and one woman's purse had been stolen.
Luckily no one was hurt and within 24 hours of this happening the thief was caught and arrested when they tried to return the items to the store for $$ to use for drugs, but it still got me thinking about how often I am not as alert as I should be. I don't usually leave things I bought in my car overnight, I always lock my car doors, and I never leave my purse in my car, but there are plenty of times when I'm on my cell phone "paying attention" and probably miss observations like this woman did.
Hopefully this isn't a creepy post, I don't mean for it to be at all, but here are some of the points the woman in the email suggested. Most of them are common sense, but it's still good to be reminded of them especially at hectic times of the year when it gets darker earlier like now:
1. Never lead your car unlocked for any reason no matter where you are.
2. Never walk out of a store in the dark talking on your cell phone and always check out your surroundings.
3. Take your social security card out of your purse because you will never use it but if someone gets it you are in trouble.
4. Try to take someone with you while you shop.
5. If you have a cell phone that is not activated you can still use it to call 911 if the battery is charged. (I didn't know this.)
It's sad to me that there are people in this world in situations where they feel like they have to steal from others as a means to get money for drugs, so please everyone be safe while you shop this season!
Side note: the Christmas tree is up and decorated. Scout is also really enjoying the new water bowl he found underneath the strange green thing in our living room. Apparently it's much more exciting the crawl under tree branches and spread tree needles all over the place in order to drink out of a green bowl instead of using his boring water bowl in the kitchen. Who knew?
5 Kegunaan Hutan Menurut Para Ahli
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment